Writing Better Job Requirements
In a recent internal survey, 50% of recruiters felt that not getting high quality candidates as the most crucial pain point. One step of addressing this issue is by communicating the right job requirements to the applicants. BrighterMonday has gone an extra mile to help you better attract the right talent.
Below are some helpful tips for better writing job requirements that will attract the right candidates:
- Job Title Section: Make the job title of the vacant position to be as specific and clear as possible. This will make the target audience better understand job requirements from the word go.
- Job Summary: Use this section to grab the attention of your target audience by giving an "elevator pitch" that outlines the expectations of the vacant position. To help you with coming up with a more descriptive Job Summary, BrighterMonday has extended the Job Summary section in the Applicant Tracking System from 150 to 350 characters as seen in the image below:
- Job Description: Finally, use this section to outline the responsibilities and qualifications of the vacant position
- Responsibilities: Concisely list the core responsibilities of the open position. It is also worthwhile mentioning the day to day activities that comes with the role. You should also show the reporting decorum for the position so that your target audience can visualise how they will fit into the organisation.
- Qualifications: Precisely capture both the soft and hard skills needed to deliver excellent results for the role. It would also be wise to include personality traits that can help the audience know how they will align with the organisation. Having concise skills listed in the job requirements will make it easier for you to assess the hard skills of the applicants.
To make it easier to know what to include in the Job Summary and Job Description sections, the BrighterMonday Applicant Tracking System has recently included helper text to guide you on the what content needs to be added as seen in the image below:
Setting Up Job Alerts
Did you know that BrighterMonday will notify of jobs matching your career interests? We call that Job Alerts To set up email job alerts, follow these easy steps: To log in to your Job Seeker account, click on the Hamburger Menu and then tap on login ...
Applying To Job Adverts
Now that you have created your BrighterMonday profile and fully updated it, the next step will be to start applying for jobs. This articles explains how to best apply for jobs To apply for a job on BrighterMonday, simply follow the steps listed ...
The New Standard Job Product
How do you ensure that your job advert is attracting qualified job seekers? Out of the qualified job seekers, how do you decide on who to shortlist? Out of the shortlisted candidates, how do you test for competency to refine your shortlist? How do ...
Adding An Assessment To A Published Job Listing
So far recruiters have only been able to add skills assessments at the point of publishing a job. However, with recent product improvements, we've made it easy to add skill assessments even after a job listing has been published. Adding a skill ...
Accessing Your Job Listings
On the Jobs Page, you should be able to see all the jobs which you have ever posted. The page is meant to give you the ability to search for jobs using the job title as a keyword without having to scroll page by page looking for former jobs that you ...